Mr Witcher orginally represented the defendant in respect to drug matters before the Crown Court (thereafter acting succesfully in the Court of Appeal). Those proceedings gave rise to numerous restraint and confiscation issues. Following the same, and the return to the defendant of signifcant restrained assets, HMRC carried out a retrospective tax enquiry, declaring that almost £200,000 had been earned and upon which no tax had been paid. Mr Witcher, recognised for his expertise in financial and buisness crime, was instructed to secure a settlement with HMRC. Mr Witcher took conduct of negotiations with HMRC and in due course following representations and meetings, HMRC agreed that the tax liability was closer to £10,000 and that the penalty would be settled by way of minimal interest. This latest favourable result concluded this long running case for the defendant. Counsel was privately instructed by TIna Donoghue of Powell Spencer and Partners, London.
- Jo Morris secures a unanimous not guilty verdict upon three counts of rape. May 17, 2017
- Yusuf Solley defends Enforcement Agents in the Chancery Division of the High Court in a claim brought by UK Grime artist, Dizzee Rascal May 10, 2017
- George Hepburne Scott successfully prosecutes stabbing gang at Woolwich Crown Court: May 10, 2017
- Krystelle Wass successfully prevents client deportation pending Judicial Review May 4, 2017
- Corporate liability success in House in Multiple Occupation case for Camilla Whitehouse May 2, 2017