Mr Witcher orginally represented the defendant in respect to drug matters before the Crown Court (thereafter acting succesfully in the Court of Appeal). Those proceedings gave rise to numerous restraint and confiscation issues. Following the same, and the return to the defendant of signifcant restrained assets, HMRC carried out a retrospective tax enquiry, declaring that almost £200,000 had been earned and upon which no tax had been paid. Mr Witcher, recognised for his expertise in financial and buisness crime, was instructed to secure a settlement with HMRC. Mr Witcher took conduct of negotiations with HMRC and in due course following representations and meetings, HMRC agreed that the tax liability was closer to £10,000 and that the penalty would be settled by way of minimal interest. This latest favourable result concluded this long running case for the defendant. Counsel was privately instructed by TIna Donoghue of Powell Spencer and Partners, London.
- Lewis Power QC secures acquittal on 3 month Money Laundering trial March 27, 2017
- Lewis Power QC secures acquittal in murder/manslaughter trial March 23, 2017
- Kerim Fuad QC and Colin Witcher secure acquittal in sensitive and unusual Attempted Murder case. March 15, 2017
- Michael Polak is Guest Speaker on Inspire FM on Missing Barrister Ahmad Bin Quasem March 15, 2017
- Sumita Mahtab-Shaikh CPS offer no evidence on husband charged with 4 counts of rape March 14, 2017